Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Loose ends

Reading back through my old posts here, there's some loose ends to tie up.
  • Blog layout issues with post elements disappearing: This was because I edited the template HTML, and for some stupid reason this prevents Blogger's options from being able to change things.  I fixed this on my main blog a long time ago, I'll do the same here.
  • Rumble Racing FAQ, HTML version: I never did make this.  I've also kind of stopped playing Rumble Racing entirely.
  • Guitar Hero controllers committing suicide: This happened, then I found two copies of GH5 for PS2 new in box with guitar controller at Wal-Mart for $20 each, so... fixed.   The GH5 controllers have a much more competently-designed neck connection with proper male/female connectors and no neck wobble, and have yet to fail me.
  • F1 race torrents: I didn't find any torrents of Formula 1 races, so I stopped looking.  F1 now airs on NBCSN, and I barely watch it anymore anyway.  If I feel like paying money I can watch a livestream on their website.
  • Opacity of posts affecting images therein: because I was a n00b and didn't know about the rgba() method of defining color in CSS.
  • Tales of Fridays: We never did finish Tales of the Abyss, and I never did figure out the single target->AOE FOF thing I was wondering about.
  • The annoying window focus problem: Never did figure it out.  I now use focus follows mouse anyway (thanks, TweakUI!), so it's not really an issue anymore.
If there are any other loose ends, they may very well remain that way.  I don't leave posts as drafts for all eternity on this blog.